Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Weight-y Problem

I'm overweight.


I'm 5'5" and I weigh 210.  My ideal weight is 130.  I know if I worked hard and put in the time and effort, I could lose the weight.  It's just that I don't want to...but so much is at stake.


Why I Am Fat:

I'm an emotional eater and I have issues with food.
I'm addicted to Mtn Dew.
I hate exercise.
I love the drive-thru...and food tastes better when I don't have to cook.
Fruits and Vegetables are boring.
I work night shift.
I like candy bars...and honey buns...
I may be a sugar addict.
I eat to procrastinate.

Why Being Fat Is Not Productive To My Life:

My self-confidence is at an all time low.
Hard to meet people because I'm not feeling good about myself.
My health! I do not want diabetes, heart disease or any other weight induced illness.
It affects my energy.
Junk food costs money!

What I Am Going To Do To Change:

1. Establish new habits...it takes 21 days to establish a habit. I've printed off some calendars from this site...http://lds.about.com/library/weekly/2004/goal_sheet.pdf and I will pick a new habit to work on every 21 days.

2. Figure out the emotional connection and work to heal that... I have this workbook and I will be taking time out every day to work on one exercise. The workbook is set up to be read and worked 4 times. http://www.amazon.com/The-Dont-Diet-Live-It-Workbook/dp/0936077336

I expect that it will be an interesting journey changing into everything that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment